The goal for the Audi audio build is to keep everything plug and play. Ideally, 100% reversible to stock. One of my problems on this build is that all the brackets/adapters/connectors I would need are either too hard to source, don’t exist, or are just too expensive. I did find a wiring harness for Volkswagens I was hoping I could use, but it didn’t work out. Fortunately I’d be able to 3D print my own replacement connector and use the wiring from the VW harness as a donor. I started out with modelling in TinkerCad. It went through a few iteration you’ll see below.
The incremental changes to the design of the connector. It took 5 iterations, and a change to black plastic on the final version.
Done! The harness on the right was the VW donor for the wiring. It has an extra lead coming from it, I’m thinking it can be run to a second set of speakers (eg tweeters/ midrange) when I get there.
It was wrapped in fleece wiring harness tape (Tesa tape) before getting installed.